MyKey allows you to program keys with restricted driving modes to promote good driving habits. All but one of the keys can be activated with these restricted modes.
Any keys that remain unprogrammed are referred to as administrator keys or admin keys. They can be used to:
- Create a MyKey.
- Program configurable MyKey settings.
- Clear all MyKey features.
When you have created a MyKey, you can access the following information by using the information display to determine:
- How many admin keys and MyKeys are programmed to your vehicle.
- The total distance your vehicle traveled with a MyKey.
Switch the vehicle on to use the system.
All MyKeys are programmed to the same settings. You cannot program them individually.
For vehicles equipped with push-button start, when both a MyKey and an admin remote transmitter are present, the admin remote transmitter will be recognized by the vehicle while switching the vehicle on to start the vehicle.
The following settings cannot be changed by an admin key user:
- Safety belt reminder. You cannot disable this feature. The audio system will mute when the driver and front seat passengers’ safety belts are not fastened.
- Early low fuel or charge. The low-fuel or low charge warning activates earlier, giving the MyKey user more time to refuel or recharge.
- Driver assist features, if equipped on your vehicle, are forced on: parking aid, Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with cross traffic alert and forward collision warning.
- Satellite radio adult content restrictions, if equipped on your vehicle.
With an admin key, you can configure certain MyKey settings when you first create a MyKey and before you recycle the key or restart the vehicle. You can also change the settings afterward with an admin key.
- A vehicle speed limit can be set. Warnings will be shown in the display followed by an audible tone when your vehicle reaches the set speed. You cannot override the set speed by fully depressing the accelerator pedal or by setting cruise control.
Do not set MyKey maximum speed limit to a limit that will prevent the driver from maintaining a safe speed considering posted speed limits and prevailing road conditions. The driver is always responsible to drive in accordance with local laws and prevailing conditions. Failure to do so could result in accident or injury.
- Various vehicle speed minders can be set. Once you select a speed, it will be shown in the display, followed by an audible tone when the preselected vehicle speed is exceeded.
- Audio system maximum volume of 45%. A message will be shown in the display when you attempt to exceed the limited volume. Also, the speed-sensitive or compensated automatic volume control will be disabled.
- Always on setting. When this is selected, you will not be able to switch off AdvanceTrac™ or traction control, 911 Assist or Emergency Assistance, or the do not disturb feature (if your vehicle is equipped with these features).
- Restricted touchscreen operation in some markets. For example, MyKey may prevent manual navigation destination input while the vehicle is in any gear other than park (P) or when the vehicle reaches a certain rate of speed.