Vertical Aim Adjustment
The headlamps on your vehicle are properly aimed at the assembly plant. If your vehicle has been in an accident, the alignment of your headlamps should be checked by your authorized dealer.
Headlamp Aiming Target
|A8 feet (2.4 meters)|
BCenter height of lamp to ground
C25 feet (7.6 meters)
DHorizontal reference line
Vertical Aim Adjustment Procedure
- Park the vehicle directly in front of a wall or screen on a level surface, approximately
25 ft (7.6 m) away.
- Measure the height of the headlamp bulb center from the ground and mark an
8 ft (2.4 m) horizontal reference line on the vertical wall or screen at this height.
To see a clearer light pattern for adjusting, you may want to block the light from one headlamp while adjusting the other.
- Turn on the low beam headlamps to illuminate the wall or screen and open the hood.
- On the wall or screen you will observe a flat zone of high intensity light located at the top of the right hand portion of the beam pattern. If the top edge of the high intensity light zone is not at the horizontal reference line, the headlamp will need to be adjusted.
- Locate the vertical adjuster on each headlamp.Using a Phillips #2 screwdriver, turn the adjuster either clockwise or counterclockwise in order to adjust the vertical aim of the headlamp.The horizontal edge of the brighter light should touch the horizontal reference line.
- Close the hood and turn off the lamps.
Horizontal Aim Adjustment
Horizontal aim is not required for this vehicle and is not adjustable.