To reduce the risk of vehicle damage and/or personal burn injuries do not start your engine with the air cleaner removed and do not remove it while the engine is running.
Failure to use the correct air filter element may result in severe engine damage. The customer warranty may be void for any damage to the engine if the correct air filter element is not used.
- Loosen the 5 bolts on the air cleaner cover.
- Remove the air cleaner cover.
- Remove the engine air filter element from the engine air cleaner assembly.
- Wipe any dirt or debris from the air filter housing and cover to make sure no dirt gets in the engine and to make sure you have a good seal.
- Install the new engine air filter element to the engine air cleaner assembly.
- Install the air cleaner cover.
- Tighten the 5 bolts to the air cleaner cover.