Check the level before starting the engine and make sure that the level is between the MIN and the MAX marks.
- Make sure that your vehicle is on level ground.
- Switch the engine off and wait 10 minutes for the oil to drain into the oil pan.
- Remove the dipstick and wipe it with a clean, lint-free cloth. Replace the dipstick and remove it again to check the oil level.
If the level is at the MIN mark, add oil immediately.
Adding Engine Oil
Do not remove the filler cap when the engine is running.
Do not add oil further than the MAX mark. Oil levels above the MAX mark may cause engine damage.
Only use oils certified for gasoline engines by the American Petroleum Institute (API). An oil with this trademark symbol conforms to the current engine and emission system protection standards and fuel economy requirements of the International Lubricants Specification Advisory Committee (ILSAC).
- Remove the filler cap.
- Add engine oil that meets the Ford specifications. See
Capacities and Specifications.
- Replace the filler cap. Turn it until you feel a strong resistance.