Do not use cleaning solvents, bleach or dye on the vehicle's seatbelts, as these actions may weaken the belt webbing.
On vehicles equipped with seat-mounted airbags, do not use chemical solvents or strong detergents. Such products could contaminate the side airbag system and affect performance of the side airbag in a crash.
For fabric, carpets, cloth seats and seats equipped with side airbags:
- Remove dust and loose dirt with a vacuum cleaner.
- Remove light stains and soil with Motorcraft Professional Strength Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner.
- If grease or tar is present on the material, spot-clean the area first with Motorcraft Spot and Stain Remover. In Canada, use Motorcraft Multi-Purpose Cleaner.
- If a ring forms on the fabric after spot cleaning, clean the entire area immediately (but do not oversaturate) or the ring will set.
- Do not use household cleaning products or glass cleaners, which can stain and discolor the fabric and affect the flame retardant abilities of the seat materials.
Do not clean the housing or glass of any mirror with harsh abrasives, fuel or other petroleum or ammonia-based cleaning products.