Do not use cleaning solvents, bleach or dye on the vehicle's seatbelts, as these actions may weaken the belt webbing.
On vehicles equipped with seat-mounted airbags, do not use chemical solvents or strong detergents. Such products could contaminate the side airbag system and affect performance of the side airbag in a crash.
For fabric, carpets, cloth seats and seats equipped with side airbags:
- Remove dust and loose dirt with a vacuum cleaner.
- Remove light stains and soil with Motorcraft Professional Strength Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner.
- If grease or tar is present on the material, spot-clean the area first with Motorcraft Spot and Stain Remover. In Canada, use Motorcraft Multi-Purpose Cleaner.
- If a ring forms on the fabric after spot cleaning, clean the entire area immediately (but do not oversaturate) or the ring will set.
- Do not use household cleaning products or glass cleaners, which can stain and discolor the fabric and affect the flame retardant abilities of the seat materials.