MyKey allows you to program keys with restricted driving modes to promote good driving habits. All but one of the keys programmed to the vehicle can be activated with these restricted modes.
Any keys that have not been programmed are referred to as administrator keys or admin keys. These can be used to:
- Create a MyKey.
- Program configurable MyKey settings.
- Clear all MyKey features.
When you have programmed a MyKey, you can access the following information using the information display:
- How many admin keys and MyKeys are programmed to your vehicle.
- The total distance your vehicle has traveled using a MyKey.
All MyKeys are programmed to the same settings.You cannot program them individually.
For vehicles with intelligent access with push-button start, when both a MyKey and an admin intelligent access key fob are present, the admin fob will be recognized by the vehicle while switching the ignition on to start the vehicle.
The following settings cannot be changed by an admin key user:
- Seatbelt reminder.You cannot disable this feature.The audio system will mute when the front seat occupants’ safety belts are not fastened.
- Early low fuel. The low-fuel warning activates earlier, giving the MyKey user more time to refuel.
- Driver assist features, if equipped on your vehicle, are forced on: rear parking aid, blind spot information system (BLIS) with cross traffic alert, lane departure warning and forward collision warning system.
- Track Mode, if your vehicle is equipped with this feature, is restricted.
- Drag Strip, if your vehicle is equipped with this feature, is restricted.
- MyMode, if your vehicle is equipped with this feature, is restricted.
- Satellite radio adult content restrictions (available only in some markets).
You may be able to temporarily disable the lane departure warning feature. This feature is automatically enabled with every new key cycle.
With an admin key, you can configure certain MyKey settings when you first create a MyKey and before you recycle the key or restart the vehicle. You can also change the settings afterward with an admin key.
- A vehicle speed limit can be set. Warnings will be shown in the display followed by an audible tone when your vehicle reaches the set speed. You cannot override the set speed by fully depressing the accelerator pedal or by setting cruise control.
Do not set MyKey maximum speed limit to a limit that will prevent the driver from maintaining a safe speed considering posted speed limits and prevailing road conditions. The driver is always responsible to drive in accordance with local laws and prevailing conditions. Failure to do so could result in accident or injury.
- Various vehicle speed minders can be set. Once you select a speed, it will be shown in the display, followed by an audible tone when the preselected vehicle speed is exceeded.
- Audio system maximum volume of 45%. A message will be shown in the display when you attempt to exceed the limited volume. Also, the speed-sensitive or compensated automatic volume control will be disabled.
- Always on setting. When this is selected, you will not be able to turn off traction control, Emergency Assistance and Do Not Disturb (if your vehicle is equipped with these features), and Sport Mode will not be available to MyKey drivers.