Do not adjust the steering wheel when your vehicle is moving.|
Use the control on the side of the steering column to adjust the position.
- Tilt: Press the top or bottom of the control.
- Telescope: Press the front or rear of the control.
End of Travel Position
The steering column sets a stopping position just short of the end of the column position to prevent damage to the steering column. A new stopping position sets if the steering column encounters an object when tilting or telescoping.
To reset the steering column to its normal stopping position:
- Confirm there is nothing obstructing the motion of the steering column.
- Press and hold the steering column control until the steering column stops moving.
- Press the steering column control again. The steering column may begin to move again.
- When the steering column stops, continue holding the control for an additional few seconds.
- Repeat for each direction as necessary.
A new stopping position is set. The next time you tilt or telescope the steering column, it will stop just short of the end of the column position.
You can save and recall the steering column position with the memory function. See
Pressing the adjustment control during memory recall cancels the operation.
Easy Entry and Exit Feature
When you switch the ignition off, the steering column will move to allow extra room to exit your vehicle. The column will return to the previous setting when you switch the ignition on. You can enable or disable this feature in the information display. See