Vertical Aim Adjustment
If your vehicle has been involved in a crash, have the aim of the headlamp beam checked by an authorized dealer.
|A8 ft (2.4 m)|
BGround to the center of the headlamp high beam bulb
C25 ft (7.6 m)
DHorizontal reference line
Vertical Aim Adjustment Procedure
- Park your vehicle on level ground approximately
25 ft (7.6 m) from a wall or screen.
- Measure the distance from the ground to the center of the headlamp high beam bulb and mark an
8 ft (2.4 m) long horizontal reference line on the wall or screen at this height.
There may be an identifying mark on the lens to help you locate the center line of the headlamp high beam bulb. Refer to the graphic below step 4.
To see a clearer light pattern for adjusting, you may want to block the light from one headlamp while adjusting the other.
- Switch on the low beam headlamps and open the hood.
- On the wall or screen you will observe a flat zone of high intensity light located at the top of the beam pattern. If the top edge of the flat zone of high intensity light is not on the horizontal reference line, adjust the aim of the headlamp beam.
- Use a suitable tool, for example a screwdriver or socket wrench, to turn the adjuster clockwise or counterclockwise to adjust the vertical aim of the headlamp.The horizontal edge of the brighter light should touch the horizontal reference line.
- Close the hood and switch off the lamps.