To reduce the risk of vehicle damage and personal burn injuries, do not start your engine with the air cleaner removed and do not remove it while the engine is running.|
When changing the engine air filter, do not allow debris or foreign material to enter the air induction system. Engine components are susceptible to damage not covered by the vehicle Warranty.
Incorrect component use can cause damage not covered by the vehicle Warranty. See
To replace the air filter element do the following:
- Remove the clips that secure the air filter housing cover.
- Carefully lift the air filter housing cover.
- Remove the air filter element from the air filter housing.
- Wipe any dirt or debris from the air filter housing and cover to make sure no dirt gets in the engine and that you have a good seal.
- Install a new air filter element.Be careful not to crimp the filter element edges between the air filter housing and cover.This could cause filter damage and allow unfiltered air to enter the engine if it is not properly seated.
- Install the air filter housing cover.
- Engage the clips to secure the air filter housing cover to the air filter housing.