- Make sure that your vehicle is on level ground.
- Switch off the engine and wait 10 minutes for the oil to drain into the oil pan.
- Remove the dipstick and wipe it with a clean, lint free cloth. Reinstall the dipstick and remove it again to check the oil level.
If the oil level is at the minimum mark, add oil immediately. See
Check the oil level before starting the engine.
Make sure that the oil level is between the minimum and the maximum marks.
Do not use oil additives or other engine treatments. Under certain conditions, they may damage the engine.
The oil consumption of new engines reaches its normal level after approximately
5,000 km (3,107 mi).
Do not add engine oil when the engine is hot. Failure to follow this instruction could result in personal injury.|
Do not remove the filler cap when the engine is running.
- Remove the filler cap.
- Add oil that meets Ford specifications. See
- Replace the filler cap. Turn it until you feel a strong resistance.
Do not add oil further than the maximum mark.Oil levels above the maximum mark may cause engine damage.
Soak up any spillage with an absorbent cloth immediately.