We recommend that you wash your vehicle regularly with a sponge and lukewarm water containing a neutral pH car shampoo.
- Never use strong household detergents or soap, for example dish washing or laundry liquid. These products can discolor and spot painted surfaces.
- Never wash your vehicle when it is hot to the touch, or during strong or direct sunlight.
- Dry your vehicle with a chamois or soft terry cloth towel to eliminate water spotting.
- Immediately remove fuel spillages, bird droppings, tree sap, insect deposits, tar spots, road salt and industrial fallout to avoid paint surface damage.
- Remove any exterior accessories, for example antennas, before entering a car wash.
- When filling with AdBlue®, remove any residue on painted surfaces immediately.
Suntan lotion and insect repellent can damage painted surfaces. If these substances come into contact with your vehicle, wash them off as soon as possible.
Using a Car Wash
If you use a car wash with a waxing cycle, make sure that you remove the wax from the windshield and the wiper blades.
Switch the blower motor off to prevent contamination of the cabin air filter.
Prior to using a car wash facility check the suitability of it for your vehicle.
Some car wash installations use water at high pressure. This could damage certain parts of your vehicle.
Remove any exterior accessories, including the antenna, before using an automatic car wash.
Cleaning the Exterior Lamps
Do not scrape the exterior lamps lenses or use abrasives, alcoholic solvents or chemical solvents to clean them.
Do not wipe the exterior lamps when they are dry.
Cleaning the Chrome Trim
Do not use abrasives or chemical solvents. Use soapy water.
Do not apply cleaning product to hot surfaces.
Do not leave cleaning product on chrome surfaces longer than recommended.
Industrial-strength (heavy-duty) cleaners, or cleaning chemicals, may cause damage over a period of time.
Flush the complete underside of your vehicle frequently. Keep body and door drain holes free from packed dirt.
Cleaning Plastic Exterior Parts
Use only approved products to clean plastic parts.