Do not exceed the lowest rating capacity for your vehicle or trailer hitch. Overloading your vehicle or trailer hitch can impair your vehicle stability and handling. Failure to follow this instruction could result in the loss of control of your vehicle, personal injury or death.|
Do not cut, drill, weld or modify the trailer hitch. Modifying the trailer hitch could reduce the hitch rating.
An audible warning tone sounds when the tow ball arm is not in the fully stowed position or in proper towing position. If the audible warning tone does not sound when the tow ball arm moves or when the system switches on, do not use the tow bar. See an authorized dealer.
Only move the tow ball arm with your hand. Never use your foot or auxiliary tools or damage to the mechanism may result.
Electric Release Retractable Tow Bar
The vehicle has to be stationary for the tow ball arm to operate.
Do not attach any plug to the 13-pin trailer socket.
Make sure the vehicle battery has a full charge.
Releasing the Retractable Tow Bar
- Press the button. An LED lights and an audible double tone (low pitch followed by a high pitch) sounds to let you know the system is operating.
- Press the button again within four seconds to release the tow ball arm. A series of audible tones sounds and the LED flashes while the tow ball arm releases or is in released position. Move the tow ball arm by hand into either end position.
- When the tow ball is locked, the LED stops flashing and an audible double tone (high pitch followed by a low pitch) sounds.
Move the Tow Ball Arm In
Before moving the tow ball arm in:
- Unhitch the trailer or dismantle load carriers and their attachments.
- Dismantle attachments for tracking stabilization.
- Remove the plug for the trailer power supply and the adapter from the trailer socket. Failure to do so may cause damage to the bumper when the tow ball arm moves into its stowed position.
To release the tow ball arm in, follow the process shown above. Move the tow ball arm by hand into either end position.
Tow Ball Arm Fault Conditions
If you do not press the release button a second time or if the vehicle is not stationary, the system signals completion without releasing the tow bar.
If the LED rapidly flashing and an audible tone sequence (high pitch) sounds, repeat the release process. If this does not resolve the problem, see an authorized dealer.
Driving with a Trailer
In the event of a vehicle breakdown, disconnect the trailer before towing the vehicle.
If any of the conditions below cannot be met, do not use the tow bar and have it checked by a properly trained technician. Before starting your journey, make sure that the tow ball arm is properly locked.
- There is a last audible low pitch tone when the locking procedure finishes.
- The tow ball arm properly locks. Make sure it does not move when jerked.
The towing hitch and control unit are maintenance-free. Do not grease or oil these components.
Do not attempt to service the towing hitch. Only the manufacturer should carry out repairs or dismantle the hitch.
When cleaning the vehicle with a steam jet, do not direct the high-pressure jet directly onto the joint of the tow ball arm and socket. After cleaning the vehicle, unplug the connector or open the trailer socket to make sure no water entered. If water is present, dry the socket.