Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control, crash and injury. We strongly recommend that you use extreme caution when using any device that may take your focus off the road. Your primary responsibility is the safe operation of your vehicle. We recommend against the use of any hand-held device while driving and encourage the use of voice-operated systems when possible. Make sure you are aware of all applicable local laws that may affect the use of electronic devices while driving.|
Always place your device in a secure location in your vehicle so it does not become a projectile in a sudden stop or crash. Failure to follow this instruction could result in personal injury.
The auxiliary input jack allows you to connect and play music from your portable music player through your vehicle speakers. You can use any portable music player designed for use with headphones. Your audio extension cable must have male connectors at each end.
- Make sure your vehicle is stationary with the audio unit and the portable music player switched off.
- Plug the extension cable from the device into the audio input jack.
- Switch on the radio and select either a tuned FM station or a CD.
- Adjust the volume as desired.
- Switch on your device and adjust the volume to half the maximum level.
- Press AUX until LINE or LINE IN appears in the display. You should hear music from your device even if it is low.
- Adjust the volume on your device until it reaches the volume level of the FM station or CD. Do this by switching back and forth between the AUX and FM or CD controls.
Use the vehicle audio unit buttons to restore playback from the vehicle audio unit, while your device remains connected.
The audio extension cable must be long enough for you to safely store the device when your vehicle is moving.
For optimum performance when using any auxiliary device set the volume on the device high. This reduces audio interference when charging the device using the vehicle power supply.
For safety reasons, do not connect or adjust the settings on your device while your vehicle is moving.