Vertical Aim Adjustment
The assembly plant properly aims the headlamps on your vehicle. If your vehicle has been in an accident, have the alignment of your headlamps checked by your authorized dealer.
|A8 feet (2.4 meters)
BCenter height of lamp to ground
C25 feet (7.6 meters)
DHorizontal reference line
- Park the vehicle directly in front of a wall or screen on a level surface, approximately
25 ft (7.6 m) away.
- Measure the height of the headlamp bulb center from the ground and mark an
8 ft (2.4 m) horizontal reference line on the vertical wall or screen at this height.
To see a clearer light pattern for adjusting, you may want to block the light from one headlamp while adjusting the other.
- Switch on the low beam headlamps to light the wall or screen and open the hood.
- On the wall or screen, you will observe a flat zone of high intensity light located at the top of the right hand portion of the beam pattern. If the top edge of the high intensity light zone is not at the horizontal reference line, you will need to adjust the headlamp.
- Locate the vertical adjuster on each headlamp. Turn the adjuster either clockwise or counterclockwise in order to aim the headlamp.
- Close the hood and switch off the lamps.
Horizontal Aim Adjustment
Horizontal aim is not required for this vehicle and is non-adjustable.