- Make sure that your vehicle is on level ground.
- Check the oil level before starting the engine, or switch the engine off after warm up and wait 15 minutes for the oil to drain into the oil pan.
Checking the oil level too soon could result in an inaccurate reading.
- Remove the dipstick and wipe it with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Reinstall the dipstick and make sure it is fully seated.
- Remove the dipstick again to check the oil level.
If the oil level is between the maximum and minimum marks, the oil level is acceptable.Do not add oil.
- If the oil level is at the minimum mark, immediately add oil.
- Reinstall the dipstick. Make sure it is fully seated.
The oil consumption of new engines reaches its normal level after approximately
3000 mi (5,000 km).
Increases in oil level can occur from frequent short trips that do not allow the engine to get to operating temperature, as well as frequent idling or low speed driving for long periods of time.
If the oil level is continuously noted above the maximum mark, schedule a visit to your authorized dealer.
Adding Engine Oil
Do not add engine oil when the engine is hot. Failure to follow this instruction could result in personal injury.|
Do not remove the filler cap when the engine is running.
Do not use supplemental engine oil additives because they are unnecessary and could lead to engine damage that the vehicle warranty may not cover.
- Clean the area surrounding the engine oil filler cap before you remove it.
- Remove the engine oil filler cap.
- Add engine oil that meets our specifications.See
Capacities and Specifications
- Reinstall the engine oil filler cap.Turn it clockwise until you feel a strong resistance.
Do not add oil further than the maximum mark.Oil levels above the maximum mark may cause engine damage.
Immediately soak up any oil spillage with an absorbent cloth.
Engine Oil Pressure Warning Lamp
If it illuminates when you are driving do not continue your journey, even if the oil level is correct. Have your vehicle checked.|
It illuminates when you switch the ignition on.|
If it illuminates when the engine is running this indicates a malfunction. Stop your vehicle as soon as it is safe to do so and switch the engine off. Check the engine oil level. If the oil level is sufficient, this indicates a system malfunction. Have your vehicle checked as soon as possible.