Use the information display to create a MyKey:
- Insert the key you want to program into the ignition. If your vehicle has a push-button start, place the remote control into the backup slot. See
Starting a Gasoline Engine.
- Switch the ignition on.
- Access the main menu in the information display and then scroll through the menus to change the settings of your MyKey. From the MyKey menu select the option Create MyKey. See
- Select Yes if you want to create the key as MyKey. A confirmation message appears on the screen.
- Switch the ignition off.
You successfully created a MyKey. Make sure you label it so you can distinguish it from the admin keys.
You can also program configurable settings for the key(s). See Programming and Changing Configurable Settings.
Programming and Changing Configurable Settings
Use the information display to access your configurable MyKey settings.
- Switch the ignition on using an admin key or transmitter you want to program.
- Access the main menu in the information display and then scroll through the menus to change the settings of your MyKey. See
- Follow the instructions in the display. The programmed restrictions apply when you switch the vehicle off, open and close the driver door and restart your vehicle with the programmed key or transmitter.
You can clear or change your MyKey settings at any time during the same key cycle as you created the MyKey.Once you have switched the vehicle off, however, you need an admin key to change or clear your MyKey settings.When you make any changes to your MyKey settings, you change the settings for every MyKey.You cannot make individual changes to apply to certain MyKeys.