If your vehicle has been involved in a crash, have the fuel system checked. Failure to follow this instruction could result in fire, personal injury or death.|
When you try to restart your vehicle after a fuel shutoff, the vehicle makes sure that various systems are safe to restart.Once the vehicle determines the systems are safe, then the vehicle allows you to restart.
In the event that your vehicle does not restart after your third attempt, contact a qualified technician.
The fuel pump shutoff stops the flow of fuel to the engine in the event of a moderate to severe crash.Not every impact causes a shutoff.
Should your vehicle shut off after a crash, you may restart your vehicle.
- Press START/STOP to switch off your vehicle.
- Press the brake pedal and START/STOP to switch on your vehicle.
- Remove your foot from the brake pedal and press START/STOP to switch off your vehicle.
- You can attempt to start the vehicle by pressing the brake pedal and START/STOP, or press START/STOP without pressing the brake pedal.
- If the vehicle does not start, repeat steps 1 through 4.