SYNC is an in-vehicle communications system that works with your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone and portable media player. This allows you to:
- Make and receive calls.
- Access and play music from your portable music player.
- Use 911 Assist or Emergency Assistance and applications via SYNC AppLink.*
- Access phonebook contacts and music using voice commands.
- Stream music from your connected phone.
- Text message.
- Use the advanced voice recognition system.
- Charge your USB device (if your device supports this).
*These features are not available in all markets and may require activation. Available AppLink enabled apps vary by market.
Make sure that you review your device's manual before using it with SYNC.
SYNC Owner Account
Why do I need a SYNC owner account?
- Essential for keeping up with the latest software downloads available for SYNC.
- Access to customer support for any questions you may have.
For your safety, certain features are speed-dependent and restricted when your vehicle is traveling over
3 mph (5 km/h).
Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control, crash and injury. We strongly recommend that you use extreme caution when using any device that may take your focus off the road. Your primary responsibility is the safe operation of your vehicle. We recommend against the use of any hand-held device while driving and encourage the use of voice-operated systems when possible. Make sure you are aware of all applicable local laws that may affect the use of electronic devices while driving.|
When using SYNC:
- Do not operate playing devices if the power cords or cables are broken, split or damaged. Place cords and cables out of the way, so they do not interfere with the operation of pedals, seats, compartments or safe driving abilities.
- Do not leave playing devices in your vehicle during extreme conditions as it could cause them damage. See your device's manual for further information.
- Do not attempt to service or repair the system.See an authorized dealer.
When a cellular phone is connected to SYNC, the system creates a profile within your vehicle that is linked to that cellular phone. This profile is created in order to offer you more cellular features and to operate more efficiently. Among other things, this profile may contain data about your cellular phone book, text messages (read and unread), and call history, including history of calls when your cellular phone was not connected to the system. In addition, if you connect a media device, the system creates and retains an index of supported media content. The system also records a short development log of approximately 10 minutes of all recent system activity. The log profile and other system data may be used to improve the system and help diagnose any problems that may occur.
The cellular profile, media device index, and development log will remain in the vehicle unless you delete them and are generally accessible only in the vehicle when you connect the cellular phone or media player. If you no longer plan to use the system or the vehicle, we recommend you perform a Master Reset to erase all stored information.
No one can access system data without special equipment and access to the vehicle's SYNC module. Ford Motor Company and Ford of Canada will not access the system data for any purpose other than as described absent consent, a court order, or where required by law enforcement, other government authorities, or other third parties acting with lawful authority. Other parties may seek to access the information independently of Ford Motor Company and Ford of Canada. For further privacy information, see the section on 911 Assist. See