Hands-free calling is one of the main features of SYNC. While the system supports a variety of features, many are dependent on your cellular phone's functionality. At a minimum, most cellular phones with Bluetooth wireless technology support the following functions:
- Answering an incoming call.
- Ending a call.
- Dialing a number.
- Call waiting notification.
- Caller identification.
Other features, such as text messaging using Bluetooth® and automatic phonebook download, are phone-dependent features.
Pairing a Phone
Wirelessly pairing your phone with SYNC allows you to make and receive hands-free calls.
Make sure to switch on the ignition and the radio. Shift the transmission into park (P) for automatic transmission or neutral (N) for manual transmission.
Using the Audio System
To scroll through the menus, press the up and down arrows on your audio system.
- Make sure to switch on your phone's Bluetooth® feature before starting the search.See your device's manual if necessary.
- Press the Settings button.
- Select Bluetooth from the menu.
- Press the OK button.
- Select the option to add. This starts the pairing process.
- When a message to begin pairing appears in the center display, search for SYNC on your device.
Depending on your phone's capability and your market, the system may prompt you with questions, such as setting the current phone as the primary phone and downloading your phonebook.
Using Voice Commands
Make sure to switch on your phone's Bluetooth®
feature before starting the search.See your device's manual if necessary.
Press the voice button and when prompted say:
||Action and Description
|Follow the instructions on the center display.
Phone Voice Commands
Press the voice button. You can do things like place a phone call and access text messages. When prompted, say a command. See the following table for examples of commands.
___ List of Commands
__ is a dynamic listing, meaning that it could be the name of anything, such as a contact or phone number.
Use the phone buttons on your steering wheel to answer, reject, or hang up a call.
Accessing Features through the Phone Menu
You can access your call history, phonebook, sent text messages, as well as access phone and system settings.
- Press the PHONE button to enter the phone menu.
- Scroll through the menu to view contacts, text messages, and the phone dialer.