Objects that are close to either corner of the bumper or under the bumper, might not be seen on the screen due to the limited coverage of the camera system.|
The front camera system still requires the driver to use it in conjunction with looking out of your vehicle.
Use caution when turning camera features on or off when the transmission is not in park (P). Make sure your vehicle is not moving.
The front view camera is located in the grille.
The front view camera provides a video image of the area in front of your vehicle.
The area displayed on the screen may vary according to your vehicle's orientation or road condition.
The front view camera will switch off if your vehicle speed exceeds
6 mph (10 km/h). You will have to switch the system back on by using the camera system button once below the speed threshold.
Additional camera information can be found in the rear view camera section. See
Rear View Camera.
Using the 180 degree camera system
The 180 degree camera system consists of front and rear cameras. The system:
- Allows you to see what is directly in front or behind your vehicle.
- Provides cross traffic view in front of your vehicle.
- Provides visibility during parking maneuvers.
The camera system button is located on the audio unit and allows you to toggle through different camera views.
The camera system may not operate correctly if mud, water or debris obstructs the camera's view. You can clean the lens with a soft, lint-free cloth and non-abrasive cleaner or by using your front or rear washer. See
Wipers and Washers.
Press the camera button to toggle between different views.
- Normal Front View:Provides an image of what is directly in front your vehicle when your vehicle is in neutral (N) or drive (D).
- Expanded Front View:Provides an expanded 180 degree image of what is directly in front your vehicle when your vehicle is in neutral (N) or drive (D).