Snow tires must be the same size, load index and speed rating as those originally provided by Ford. Use of any tire or wheel not recommended by Ford can affect the safety and performance of your vehicle, which could result in an increased risk of loss of control, vehicle rollover, personal injury and death. Additionally, the use of non-recommended tires and wheels can cause steering, suspension, axle, transfer case or power transfer unit failure. Follow the Ford recommended tire inflation pressure found on the Safety Compliance Certification Label (on the door hinge pillar, door latch post or the door edge that meets the door latch post, next to the driver seat), or Tire Label on the B-Pillar or the edge of the driver door. Failure to follow the tire pressure recommendations can cause uneven treadwear patterns and adversely affect the way your vehicle handles.|
The tires on your vehicle may have all-weather treads to provide traction in rain and snow. However, in some climates, you may need to use snow tires and cables. If you need to use cables, it is recommended that steel wheels (of the same size and specifications) be used, as cables may chip aluminum wheels.
Follow these guidelines when using snow tires and traction devices
- If possible, avoid fully loading your vehicle
- Purchase chains or cables from a manufacturer that clearly labels body to tire dimension restrictions.
- Use no larger than
0.59 in (15 mm) cables or chains ONLY on front axle with 215/60R16 tires. Do not use chains or cables on any other size tires.
- The snow chains or cables must be mounted in pairs on the front axle.
- When driving with tire cables do not exceed
30 mph (48 km/h) or the maximum speed recommended by the chain manufacturer, whichever is less.
- Drive cautiously. If you hear the cables rub or bang against the vehicle, stop and retighten them. If this does not work, remove the cables to prevent vehicle damage.
- Remove the cables when they are no longer needed. Do not use cables on dry roads.
If you have any questions regarding snow chains or cables, please contact your authorized dealer.