To reduce the risk of vehicle damage and personal burn injuries, do not start your engine with the air cleaner removed and do not remove it while the engine is running.|
Failure to use the correct air filter element may result in severe engine damage. The customer warranty may be void for any damage to the engine if the correct air filter element is not used.
- Loosen the latches that secure the air filter cover in place.
- Carefully separate the two halves of the air filter housing.
- Remove the air filter element from the housing.
- Wipe any dirt or debris from the air filter housing and cover.
- Install a new air filter element.
- Replace the air filter cover to the housing and secure the latches. Be careful not to crimp the filter element edges between the air filter housing. This could cause filter damage and allow unmetered air to enter the engine if not properly seated.