If you continue to drive your vehicle when the engine is overheating, the engine could stop without warning. Failure to follow this instruction could result in the loss of control of your vehicle.|
If the engine coolant temperature gauge needle moves to the upper limit position, the engine is overheating. See
You must only drive your vehicle for a short distance if the engine overheats. The distance you can travel depends on ambient temperature, vehicle load and terrain. The engine continues to operate with limited power for a short period of time.
If the engine temperature continues to rise, the fuel supply to the engine reduces.The air conditioning switches off and the engine cooling fan operates continually.
- Gradually reduce your speed and stop your vehicle as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Immediately switch the engine off to prevent severe engine damage.
- Wait for the engine to cool down.
- Check the coolant level. See
Engine Coolant Check.
- Have your vehicle checked as soon as possible.