Choosing the Right Fuel
We recommend regular unleaded gasoline with a minimum pump (R+M)/2 octane rating of 87. Some fuel stations offer fuels posted as regular unleaded gasoline with an octane rating below 87, particularly in high altitude areas. We do not recommend fuels with an octane rating below 87.
Do not use any fuel other than those recommended because they could lead to engine damage that may not be covered by the vehicle Warranty.
Use of any fuel other than those recommended can impair the emission control system and cause a loss of vehicle performance.
Do not use:
- Diesel fuel.
- Fuels containing kerosene or paraffin.
- Fuel containing more than 15% ethanol or E85 fuel.
- Fuels containing methanol.
- Fuels containing metallic-based additives, including manganese-based compounds.
- Fuels containing the octane booster additive, methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT).
- Leaded fuel (using leaded fuel is prohibited by law).
The use of fuels with metallic compounds such as methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (commonly known as MMT), which is a manganese-based fuel additive, will impair engine performance and affect the emission control system.
Do not be concerned if the engine sometimes knocks lightly. However, if the engine knocks heavily while using fuel with the recommended octane rating, contact an authorized dealer to prevent any engine damage.