Do not use cruise control on winding roads, in heavy traffic or when the road surface is slippery. This could result in loss of vehicle control, serious injury or death.|
When you are going downhill, your vehicle speed could increase above the set speed. The system does not apply the brakes.
To help the system to maintain the set speed when going downhill, downshift to a lower gear.
The cruise controls are on the steering wheel.
Switching Cruise Control On
The indicator appears in the information display.
Setting the Cruise Speed
- Drive to your preferred speed.
- Press SET ACCEL.
- Take your foot off the accelerator pedal.
Changing the Set Speed
- Press the accelerator or brake pedal until you reach your preferred speed. Press SET ACCEL.
- Press SET ACCEL to increase the set speed in small increments.
- Press and hold SET ACCEL to increase the set speed. Release the button when you reach your preferred speed.
- Press COAST to decrease the set speed in small increments.
- Press and hold COAST to decrease the set speed. Release the control when you reach your preferred speed.
If you accelerate by pressing only the accelerator pedal, the set speed does not change. When you release the accelerator pedal, your vehicle returns to the speed that you previously set.
Canceling the Set Speed
Tap the brake pedal to cancel the set speed.
The system remembers the set speed.
Resuming the Set Speed
Switching Cruise Control Off
Press OFF when the system is in standby mode, or switch the ignition off.
You erase the set speed when you switch the system off.