- Press the parking aid button.
The system detects other vehicles and curbs to find a parking space.
- Press the active park assist icon on the touchscreen.
- Use the turn signal lever to search for a parking space on the driver or passenger side of your vehicle.
If you do not use the turn signal lever, the system searches for a parking space on the passenger side of your vehicle.
- Drive your vehicle approximately
3 ft (1 m) away from and parallel to the other parked vehicles when searching for a parking space.
A tone sounds and a message appears in the information and entertainment display when active park assist finds a suitable parking space.
- Press and hold the brake pedal.
- Release the steering wheel and shift into neutral (N).
- Press and hold the parking aid button.
- Release the brake pedal to allow your vehicle to park.
You can slow down your vehicle at any time by pressing the brake pedal.
When parallel parking between objects, the system parks closer to the object in front of your vehicle to allow easier access to the luggage compartment.
When parking is complete, your vehicle shifts into park (P).