- Press the parking aid button.
Active park assist does not recognize parking space lines and centers your vehicle between objects.
- Press the active park assist icon on the touchscreen.
- Select perpendicular parking.
- Use the turn signal lever to search for a parking space on the driver or passenger side of your vehicle.
If you do not use the turn signal lever, the system searches for a parking space on the passenger side of your vehicle.
- Drive your vehicle approximately
1 m away from and perpendicular to the other parked vehicles when searching for a parking space.
A tone sounds and a message appears in the information and entertainment display when active park assist finds a parking space.
- Press and hold the brake pedal.
- Release the steering wheel and shift into neutral (N).
- Press and hold the parking aid button.
- Release the brake pedal to allow the vehicle to park.
Active park assist backs your vehicle into parking spaces.
Active park assist aligns the front end of your vehicle with the lane side of the object next to it.
When the system detects only one object, it allows enough distance to open the door on either side.
You can slow down your vehicle at any time by pressing the brake pedal.
When parking is complete, your vehicle shifts into park (P).