Why does active park assist not operate correctly?
- The system is unable to detect a vehicle, curb or object to park next to or in between. The system needs boundary objects to operate correctly.
Why does active park assist not search for a parking space?
- You have switched traction control off.
- The transmission is in reverse (R). Your vehicle must be moving forward to be able to detect a parking space.
Why does active park assist not offer a parking space?
- The sensors could be blocked. For example, snow, ice or large accumulations of dirt. Blocked sensors can affect how the system functions.
- The sensors in the front or rear bumper could be damaged.
- There is not enough room in the parking space for your vehicle to safely park.
- There is not enough space for the parking maneuver on the opposite side of the parking space.
- The parking space is more than
1.6 yd (1.5 m) or less than
0.5 yd (0.5 m) away from your vehicle.
- Your vehicle's speed is greater than
21.7 mph (35 km/h) for parallel parking or greater than
11.8 mph (19 km/h) for perpendicular parking.
- You recently disconnected or replaced the battery. After you reconnect the battery you must drive your vehicle on a straight road for a short period of time.
Why does active park assist not correctly position the vehicle into a parking space?
- An irregular curb along the parking space prevents the system from correctly aligning your vehicle.
- Vehicles or objects bordering the space could not be correctly parked.
- Your vehicle stopped too far past the parking space.
- The tires are not correctly installed or maintained. For example, using a spare tire, not inflated correctly, improper size, or of different sizes.
- A repair or alteration changed the detection capabilities.
- A parked vehicle has a high attachment. For example, a salt sprayer, snowplow or moving truck bed.
- The parking space length or position of parked objects changes after your vehicle passes the space.
- The temperature around your vehicle quickly changes. For example, driving from a heated garage into a cold outside temperature, or after leaving a car wash.