When you use them properly, the seat, head restraint, seatbelt and airbags will provide optimum protection in the event of a crash.
We recommend that you follow these guidelines:
- Sit in an upright position with the base of your spine as far back as possible.
- Do not recline the seat backrest so that your torso is more than 30 degrees from the upright position.
- Adjust the head restraint so that the top of it is level with the top of your head and as far forward as possible. Make sure that you remain comfortable.
- Keep sufficient distance between yourself and the steering wheel. We recommend a minimum of
10 in (25 cm) between your breastbone and the airbag cover.
- Hold the steering wheel with your arms slightly bent.
- Bend your legs slightly so that you can press the pedals fully.
- Position the shoulder strap of the seatbelt over the center of your shoulder and position the lap strap tightly across your hips.
Make sure that your driving position is comfortable and that you can maintain full control of your vehicle.