Cross traffic alert may not correctly operate when any of the following occur:
- Something is blocking the sensors.
- Adjacently parked vehicles or objects are obstructing the sensors.
- Vehicles approach at speeds less than
4 mph (6 km/h) or greater than
37 mph (60 km/h).
- Your vehicle speed is greater than
7 mph (12 km/h).
- You reverse out of an angled parking space.
Bike and cargo racks could cause false alerts due to obstruction of the sensor. We recommend switching the feature off when using a bike or cargo rack.