Opening the Front Luggage Compartment With No Vehicle Power
If the vehicle has no power, you will be unable to open the front luggage compartment. To open the front luggage compartment follow the steps below:
- Use an external power supply such as a 12 volt jump box.
- Remove the cover at the front of your vehicle below the headlight. Press firmly on the top right of the covers edge, then pull the raised section on the bottom left toward you.
- Pull both wires out of the opening to reveal both terminals.
- Connect the external power supply to the terminals
Be sure to match the red positive cable (A) to the red positive terminal and the black negative cable (B) to the black negative terminal.
- Turn on the external power supply.
Refer to the manufacturer's instructions for external power supply use.
If performed correctly, the front luggage compartment latches immediately release, and you have access to the front luggage compartment.
- Disconnect the external power supply when it is no longer required.
- To reinstall the cover, reverse the removal procedure.
To Connect the Booster Cables
Do not connect the negative jumper cable to any other part of your vehicle. Use the ground point.|
Make sure that the cables are clear of any moving parts.
- Connect the positive (+) jumper cable to the positive (+) jump point of the discharged battery vehicle.
- Connect the other end of the positive (+) jumper cable to the positive (+) terminal of the booster vehicle battery.
- Connect the negative (-) jumper cable to the negative (-) terminal of the booster vehicle battery.
- Make the final connection of the negative (-) jumper cable to the negative (-) ground point of the discharged battery vehicle.
- Unlock the driver door. See
Unlocking and Locking the Doors Using the Remote Control.