Limitations can vary based on the make and model of your phone, phone location and physical obstructions.
The following items could impact Phone as a Key performance or prevent functionality in some cases:
- The typical operating range for Phone as a Key is
131 ft (40 m).
- Your Bluetooth® connection is not enabled, is disrupted, or out of range.
- Your Phone as a Key is not active or enabled on at least one phone.
- Your vehicle battery has depleted.
- Your phone battery has depleted.
- Interference from other devices using radio frequencies or physical obstructions.
- Your phone is too close to metal objects or other electronic devices.
Do not leave a duplicate coded key in the vehicle. Always take your keys and phone and lock all doors when leaving the vehicle.