Why is reverse braking assist unavailable?
- Make sure the traction control is on. See
Switching Traction Control On and Off
The traction control automatically turns off if four-wheel drive low and certain drive modes such as mud/ruts and snow/sand is activated.
- The vehicle may have sustained a rear end impact. Contact an authorized dealer to have the sensors checked for proper coverage and operation.
- An anti-lock brake, traction control or stability control event may have occurred. Reverse braking assist resumes operation when the event is complete.
- Make sure the rear view camera and 360 degree camera are not dirty or obstructed. If dirty, clean the camera. If the message still appears after cleaning the camera, wait a short time for the message to clear. If the message does not clear, contact an authorized dealer.
- You recently had your vehicle serviced, or the battery disconnected. Drive your vehicle a short distance to resume system operation.
- Reverse braking assist does not function when you connect a trailer. Operation resumes when you disconnect the trailer.
If the answers to why the system is unavailable do not assist in returning reverse braking assist to available, have the system checked as soon as possible.