Why is reverse brake assist unavailable?
- Make sure the traction control is on. See
Switching Traction Control On and Off
- Your vehicle may have sustained a rear end impact. Have the sensors checked for proper coverage and operation.
- An anti-lock brake, traction control or stability control event may have occurred. Reverse brake assist resumes operation when the event is complete.
- Make sure the rear view camera and 360 degree camera are not dirty or obstructed. If dirty, clean the camera. If the message still appears after cleaning the camera, wait a short time for the message to clear. If the message does not clear, have the system checked.
- You recently had your vehicle serviced, or the battery disconnected. Drive your vehicle a short distance to resume system operation.
- Reverse brake assist does not function when you connect a trailer. Operation resumes when you disconnect the trailer.
If the answers to why the system is unavailable do not assist in returning reverse brake assist to available, have the system checked as soon as possible.