All system limitations present in the basic lane keeping system also apply to blind spot assist.
Blind spot assist does not function under the following conditions:
- The system does not detect lane markings.
- The driver hands are not on the wheel.
- One or both rear radar sensors become blocked or faulty.
Blind spot assist may have difficulty detecting hazards under the following conditions:
- If a vehicle is approaching in an adjacent lane at a relative speed much higher than your vehicle.
- Bad weather conditions are present that obstruct the sensors.
- You attach a bicycle rack to your vehicle.