- Make sure that your vehicle is on level ground.
- Check the oil before starting the engine or switch the engine off and wait 10 minutes for the oil to drain into the oil pan.
- Remove the dipstick and wipe it with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Reinstall the dipstick and make sure it is fully seated. Remove it again to check the oil level.
- If the oil level is between the maximum and minimum marks, the oil level is acceptable. Do not add oil.
- If the oil level is at the minimum mark, immediately add oil.
- Reinstall the dipstick. Make sure it is fully seated.
The oil consumption of new engines reaches its normal level after approximately
3000 mi (5,000 km).
Adding Engine Oil
Do not remove the filler cap when the engine is running.|
Do not add engine oil when the engine is hot. Failure to follow this instruction could result in personal injury.
Do not use supplemental engine oil additives. They could cause engine damage that the vehicle warranty may not cover.
- Clean the area surrounding the engine oil filler cap before you remove it.
- Remove the engine oil filler cap.
- Add engine oil that meets our specifications.See
Capacities and Specifications - 2.3L EcoBoost™.
- Reinstall the engine oil filler cap.Turn it clockwise until you feel a strong resistance.
Do not add oil further than the maximum mark.Oil levels above the maximum mark may cause engine damage.
Soak up any spillage with an absorbent cloth immediately.