The rear sensors are only active when the transmission is in reverse (R). As your vehicle moves closer to the obstacle, the rate of the audible warning increases. When the obstacle is less than
30 cm away, the warning sounds continuously. If the system detects a stationary or receding object farther than
30 cm from the corners of the bumper, the tone sounds for only three seconds. Once the system detects an object approaching, the warning sounds again.
Coverage area of up to
1.8 m from the rear bumper. There may be decreased coverage area at the outer corners of the bumper.
The system detects certain objects while the transmission is in reverse (R):
- Your vehicle is moving toward a stationary object at a speed of
5 km/h or less.
- Your vehicle is not moving, but a moving object is approaching the rear of your vehicle at a speed of
5 km/h or less.
- Your vehicle is moving at a speed of less than
5 km/h and a moving object is approaching the rear of your vehicle at a speed of less than
The system provides audio warnings only when your vehicle is moving or when your vehicle is stationary and the detected obstacle is less than
30 cm away from the bumper.
Obstacle Distance Indicator (If Equipped)
The system provides obstacle distance indication through the information display. The distance indicator displays when the transmission is in reverse (R).
The indicator displays:
- As the distance to the obstacle decreases the indicator blocks illuminate and move towards the vehicle icon.
- If there is no obstacle detected, the distance indicator blocks are greyed out.