Your vehicle may have one or more of the following alarm systems:
- Perimeter alarm with interior sensors.
- Perimeter alarm with interior sensors and battery back-up sounder.
- Inclination or motion sensor to set off the alarm if your vehicle detects any movement or elevation changes.
It is a deterrent against unauthorized access to your vehicle through the doors, luggage compartment or the hood.
Interior Sensors (If Equipped)
The sensors act as a deterrent against unauthorized access by sensing any elevation changes or movement within your vehicle.
Arming the alarm turns on the interior sensors.
Do not cover the interior lamp scanning sensors.
Do not arm the alarm with full guard if passengers, animals or other moving objects are inside your vehicle, as this could trigger the alarm.
Do not leave the glasses holder open.
To permanently switch off the interior motion sensor, see an authorized dealer.
Fuel fired heater could trigger false alarms.
Inclination or Motion Sensor
The sensors act as a deterrent against elevation of your vehicle.
Triggering the Alarm
- If someone opens a door or the hood without a valid key or remote control.
- If you switch the ignition on without a valid key.
- If the interior sensors detect movement within your vehicle.
- If someone disconnects the vehicle battery or the battery back-up sounder.
If the alarm sounds, the alarm horn sounds for 30 seconds and the hazard warning lamps flash for 5 minutes.
The alarm sounds again if an attempt is made to carry out one of the previous items.
Full and Reduced Guard
This is the standard setting.
In full guard, the interior sensors are on when you arm the alarm.
Do not arm the alarm with full guard if passengers, animals or other moving objects are inside your vehicle or if you are transporting your vehicle, as this could trigger the alarm.
In reduced guard, the interior sensors are off when you arm the alarm.
You can set the alarm to reduce guard for the current ignition cycle only.
Selecting Full or Reduced Guard
Full guard is the standard setting.
You can switch this feature on or off and adjust the settings using the information display.
You can set the alarm to reduced guard for the current ignition cycle only.
The alarm resets to full guard the next time you unlock and then relock your vehicle with the remote control.
Select the reduce guard mode if a person or an animal is in your vehicle, or if you are transporting your vehicle.
Arming the Alarm
Press the lock button once to lock your vehicle and arm the alarm.
Disarming the Alarm
Disarm the alarm by any of the following actions:
- Unlock the doors with the key and switch the ignition on with a correctly coded key within 12 seconds.
- Unlock the doors or luggage compartment using the remote control.