Vehicle With Keyless Start (If Equipped)
For vehicles with manual transmission, fully press the clutch pedal. For vehicles with automatic transmission, (ensure your vehicle is in the park (P) or neutral (N) position), press the brake pedal. Press and let go of the start button to start engine.
Vehicle With Ignition Key Switch (If Equipped)
Switch the ignition on and wait until the glow plug indicator switches off. For vehicles with manual transmission, fully press the clutch pedal. For vehicles with automatic transmission, press the brake pedal. Start the engine.
Do not touch the accelerator pedal.
For vehicles with manual transmission, releasing the clutch pedal, or for vehicles with automatic transmission, releasing the brake pedal while you are starting the engine stops the engine cranking and returns to ignition on.
When the temperature is below
-15 °C, you may need to crank the engine for up to 10 seconds.
You can only operate the starter for a limited period of time.
After a limited number of attempts to start your engine, the system does not allow you to try again for approximately 30 minutes.
Failure to Start
If you cannot start the engine after three attempts, wait 10 seconds and follow this procedure:
- Switch the ignition on and wait until the glow plug indicator switches off.
- If your vehicle is equipped with an automatic transmission, fully press the brake pedal.If your vehicle is equipped with a manual transmission, fully press the clutch pedal and apply the parking brake.
- Move the transmission selector lever to park (P) (automatic transmission) or neutral (N) (manual transmission).
- Fully press the accelerator pedal and hold it there.
- Attempt to start your vehicle and wait until the engine stops cranking.
- Release the accelerator pedal.
- Start the engine.
Automatic Engine Shutdown (If Equipped)
For vehicles with a keyless ignition, this feature automatically shuts down your vehicle if it has been idling for an extended period. The ignition also turns off to save battery power. Before your vehicle shuts down, a message appears in the information display showing a timer counting down. If you do not intervene within 30 seconds, your vehicle shuts down. Another message appears in the information display to inform you that your vehicle has shut down to save fuel. Start your vehicle as normal.
Automatic Engine Shutdown Override
You can stop the shutdown, or reset the timer, at any point before the 30-second countdown expires by doing any of the following:
- Interacting with your vehicle, for example pressing the brake or accelerator pedal.
- Pressing the OK or RESET button during the 30-second countdown.
You can switch off the engine shutdown feature any time the ignition is on in the information display. See
You cannot permanently switch off the automatic shutdown.If you switch it off, it turns on at the next ignition cycle.